Thursday, May 22, 2014

New Fauna Designs: Commenters Could Win a Stencil


The Dream Team is ready to inspire you with some extra fun this week! Not only are we posting with the Flora and Fauna challenge, we are introducing you to our THREE NEWLY RELEASED DESIGNS...our Owl Buddy, the Open Sheep, and the art nouveau-inspired Heron, which you had a sneak peek at two weeks ago on the Dream It Up! blog. Three lucky commenters on the Dream Team's posts will receive one of these designs to be announced on the Dream It Up! blog next week. Tell us in your comment which technique YOU would use with your favorite of these new designs.

See the new fauna designs on the Stencil with Style site
So here is our creation. I say "our" because once again it was a collaborative effort with Wayne. I stenciled the open sheep (LL3040) with a 1/2 inch stencil brush (NHB1/2) using a soft blue ink. Then he "Sten-tangled" the open design and drew in the face. It was fun to try drawing different faces on these sheep....if you aren't sure what to do with the face just use one of Wayne's sketches below as an example. I then wrote the "Thank Ewe" on a piece of black card stock using a Sakura white gel pen. You can never go wrong by finishing off your creation with ribbon by May Arts. (AW-03)



Both sheep are tangled with a pattern called "keeko"

Here is the face of another new creation by Wayne using the open sheep stencil (LL3040). This little guy looks a bit startled doesn't he...or maybe just "sheepish". Someone recently said "puns are the lowest form of humor"...too Baaaa-ad they have that attitude, they are missing out on a lot of fun. LOL!

This creature was paste embossed first with the glossy white embossing paste (DGWP) and after it was dry Wayne tangled him with an 01 Micron Pen by Sakura (30181). Working on the paste is a little tricky...but just take your time.


And here are the face sketches to give you some ideas how to add some humor to your open sheep creation:
Face sketches by Wayne Harlow

Don't forget to visit the team and leave some love for a better chance of winning a stencil this week. And also join our fauna and flora challenge this month in honor of our new designs....by adding your creation to the inlinkz tool below.





17 comments:

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Love both sheep designs! The faces are a great help for ideas. Really thanking you and Wayne for sten-tangling as it is just the push I needed to actually complete a tangle project!

Leanne said...

Great new stencils. Love the owl & heron.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is so fabulous. The sheep faces are going on my bulletin board in my craft space for future use. There's a reason I stamp and stencil...because I can't draw, but I can sure copy! Thanks for the great ideas!

Jade said...

lol Lynn Mercurio! I so cannot draw either. I love all three stencils and on my list is to learn to zentangle. The sheep and faces are so cute, cute, cute.

Pam Hornschu said...

Wonderful Zentangling once again!

Anne Temple said...

That sheep is adorable zentangled! Great facial expressions too. Love all 3 of your new animal releases.

Viki Banaszak said...

OMG! Now I want that sheep so baaaaad. LOL

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow - these are gorgeous! Love all the different faces for the sheep! The owl and flamingo are so adorable too!

Unknown said...

These are perfect...especially for our Sunshine Hayden who turned 4 today & loves, loves, loves to do crafts with Nana!

Cazzy said...

That sheep is brilliant! I think I would use it with the faces - though I am not good at drawing, technique, hmm, tricky because I am so out of practice with my stencils and pastes, I would need to watch the videos and read the books and get back up to speed before I decide. Would love to try zentagle though.

Louise said...

This made me laugh, it is so cute! Love the keeko pattern, and that face is wonderful, as are the others!

Kristi said...

so so fun! Love it

JD/ Jill said...

So cute! great job with the zentagle...

Katie said...

Everyone's ideas for the new stencils were so wonderful to see! I love how this little sheep is zentangled too and the face ideas, wow! Wonderful work everyone. Not sure which new stencil I like best, love them all! Thanks for the inspiration.

Katie B.

Desire Fourie said...

Just adore the zentangle pattern in the ewe. Adore the scrumptious bow too.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Katia said...

wow this new releases, are just fanstatic! and your card is really cute!

snazzyjj said...

Love these new designs! What technique would I do? Well, I would use white paste with the sheep and use a heat gun to make him look fluffy. (Oh, wait that's what I did in your challenge:)

Post a Comment