Saturday, January 1, 2011

"NEW" in the New Year

Today, Jan 1, 2011, holds many new things from Dreamweaver Stencils. I am here to tease you with just one of those "new" things that we have to offer in the New Year. We just finished taping two new DVD's and are hoping (fingers crossed...LOL!) that it will all come together to be released in February. People have had so many questions about embossing paste that one of the new DVD's will just be completely about specialty paste-embossing techniques.

1. How to paste-emboss a wide open design like the large fan (LJ903) above?

2. How do you layer paste like the cherry blossoms (LG644) on the fan sample above?

3. How do I paste my Christmas cards when I have 50 of them? (...this technique is called "power pasting" and teaches you to do multiples without re-taping your stencil every time.)

4. How to paste a large intricate background stencil without having a lot of "oozing" (technical terms like this are covered as well).

5. The metallic leafing (on the fan above) has long been a popular technique and the details will be shown to make your creations successful.

6. Crackle paste has two or three added tips that if you "see" how to achieve them, ...it will give you that "ah ha" experience that reading about how to do it, will never give you.

7. How do you use the "Grab-It" tool?..simple but unique.

The list goes on...and the second new DVD, what is it all about? You'll have to come back later this month to learn what that new DVD is all about.

By the way if you are reading this post on the first day of the new year, you will notice that I used the word "new" several times. The first person to write a comment on my blog and let me know how many times I used the word "new" will receive one of our "new" stencil designs that I am keeping secret for just awhile longer. Happy NEW Year! P.S. Sorry...design team members are excluded.

Giving you a hint....if at first you don't succeed try try again! Don't you love those old adages?

18 comments:

silvia said...

Happy New Year!! I hope my brain is working and my count is correct I count "New" 13 times

Dianne said...

Hope you have a great New Year!! I count 13 also.

Unknown said...

I also came up with thirteen. Happy New Year, can't wait to see the new dvds!

Barbara said...

I also count 13!

Wendy said...

Happy New Year Lynell......What a gorgeous creation! I can't wait to get your new DVD's. I love the first one and your books are immensely helpful!!!

Kristi said...

cool can't wait to see it!

Louise said...

Happy new year! I think everyone should count again!!! Hint hint!!!

Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat said...

I counted 9.

Pam Hornschu said...

Okay, I know I don't get to play, but I'm counting twelve in the post and two more in the post title. Of course, my brain could be a little fuzzy considering it is the first of the NEW year.

Pam Hornschu said...

In addition...love this card. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Barbara said...

8 in the post and 5 in the comment.

Barbara said...

Oops - 9 in the post and 5 in the comment.

Laura Drahozal said...

Oh my gosh, Lynell. I just LOVE this card! How are the blossoms pasted! Black paste with Metallic FX? So incredibly gorgeous--I MUST try this technique!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Yea, Barbara! You are correct! Glad you counted twice. You win one of our new stencil designs.

Kristi said...

good job Barbara! You did GREAT!

Marijane said...

Congrats to Barbara! I can't wait to get my hands on one or both of those DVD's - please hurry!!!

Barbara said...

Yippee! How exciting - I love your stencils and have now gotten my 11 year old granddaughter stenciling and paste embossing (she is very good at it, by the way)!

Post a Comment